2. General Terms
- Bizvestor company may be referred to as “Bizvestor,” “we,” “our,” or “us.”
- We call a user of the Bizvestor Platform “User,” “Users,” “you,” “your,” or “Client” and “Agent,” as appropriate.
- The platform that we offer at our website at https://bizvestor.com.ng and all variants of our web applications are referred to as the “Site(s).”
- The mobile applications (whether on iOS or Android) are referred to as the “Apps.”
- Bizvestor’s Sites, Apps and related services, information and communications are collectively referred to as the “Bizvestor Platform.”
3. Information Collection
A. Information you provide to Bizvestor
Bizvestor collects certain personally identifiable information about you, including information that is reasonably capable of being associated with you (“Information”). Examples of Information that Bizvestor collects include but are not limited to:
Contact Information. This may include your first and last name, postal address, telephone number, and email address.
Billing Data, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments.
Identity Information. If you are an affiliate or agent, we may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth and address, national identification number and business registration documents if applicable, together with the result of basic criminal record checks as provided by you, or by our Third Party Agents (as defined below), as applicable and to the extent permitted by law in your jurisdiction, and to validate your identity.
Content Information. You may choose to send Bizvestor Personal Information in an email or chat message containing inquiries about the Bizvestor Platform and we use this Information in order to help us respond to your inquiry. We also collect content within any messages you exchange with other Users through the Service (such as through our chat or comment functionality), and we will never use or share such information for marketing purposes.
Third Party Information. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, Financial Information, or fraud detection information, from Third Party Agents and combine it with other information that we have about you, to the extent permitted by law, in order to comply with our legal obligations and for the legitimate interest in improving the Bizvestor Platform. Bizvestor may work with Third Party Agents to perform identity checks, criminal background checks, and right to work checks on Agents and affiliates, if applicable and permitted by local law, in order to advance our legitimate interests in ensuring the safety of our Users and maintaining the integrity of the Bizvestor Platform.
4. Information Bizvestor Collects Automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you use the Service. The categories of information we automatically collect are as follows:
Service Use Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, portions of the Bizvestor Platform that you view and interact with, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating system, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad Id. When you visit and interact with the Bizvestor Platform, Bizvestor may collect certain information automatically through cookies or other technologies, including, but not limited to, the type of computer or mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your computer or mobile device, your operating system, the type(s) of internet browser(s) you use, and information about the way you use the Bizvestor Platform (“Device Information”). We may use Device Information to monitor the geographic regions from which Users navigate the Bizvestor Platform, and for security and fraud prevention purposes. Use of any IP-masking technologies or similar technologies (like the TOR network) may render portions of the Bizvestor Platform unavailable and are forbidden on the Bizvestor Platform.
Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level), and, with your consent, precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data). When you visit the Bizvestor Platform via a native mobile application, we use, with your consent when required under applicable law, GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located in and display a relevant location map. We will not share your current location obtained in this manner with other Users.
We also use various Tracking Technologies (“Tracking Technologies”) to automatically collect information when you use the Bizvestor Platform, including the following:
Cookies. When you visit our websites from other sites, your browser may automatically transmit information to these websites throughout the visit. In a similar way, when you use our mobile applications, we will access and use mobile device IDs to recognize your device. We use “cookies” and equivalent technologies to collect information through our Site and Apps. Cookies are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser.
Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the Platform. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings. We utilize persistent cookies that only Bizvestor can read and use, and access mobile device IDs to:
- save your login information for future logins to the Bizvestor Platform;
- assist in processing items during checkout;
- hold session information; and
- track user preferences.
Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. We utilize session ID cookies and similar technologies to:
- enable certain features of the Bizvestor Platform;
- better understand how you interact with the Sites and the Bizvestor Platform;
- monitor usage by our Users and web traffic routing on the Bizvestor Platform;
- track the number of entries in Bizvestor promotions; and
- identify visited areas of the Bizvestor Platform.
Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Bizvestor Platform and then close your browser.
We may work with third party advertisers who may also place or read persistent cookies on your browser, and we may use Flash cookies (or local shared objects) to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on the Sites to personalize your visit.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to use all portions or all functionalities of the Bizvestor Platform.
To change your cookie settings for cookies on the Sites, please click on the following addresses based on the browser you use: Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
Pixels. We and our Third Party Agents may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means in connection with the Bizvestor Platform and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Users and email recipients, determine the success of marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
5. Bizvestor’s Use of Information
- To operate and make available the Bizvestor Platform. We use your data to connect you with other Users to enable the posting of, selection for, completion of, and payment for products and services, in order to fulfill our contracts with Users;
- For billing and fraud prevention, on the basis of our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which Clients, Affiliates, and Agents can meet and conduct business, and in order to comply with our legal obligations;
- To conduct identification, criminal background, and right to work checks, if applicable, and to the extent permitted by local law, on Users, in order to advance our legitimate interests as well as for the substantial public interest of ensuring the safety of our Users both online and offline, preventing or detecting unlawful acts, protecting the public against dishonesty, and maintaining the integrity of the Bizvestor Platform;
- To analyze Bizvestor Platform usage as necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the Bizvestor Platform to grow our business;
- To contact you and deliver (via email, SMS, push notifications, or otherwise) transactional information, administrative notices, marketing notifications, offers and communications relevant to your use of the Bizvestor Platform, with your consent when required under applicable law, as necessary for our legitimate interests in proper communication and engagement with our Users and in promoting our business;
- To provide you with customer support in order to fulfill our contracts with Users;
- For internal market research for our legitimate interest in improving the Bizvestor Platform to grow our business;
- For troubleshooting problems for our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which Users can meet;
- To assist Users in the resolution of complaints and disputes between them, as necessary for our legitimate interests in facilitating good relations among Users;
- To enforce our Terms of Service and our legitimate interests in ensuring our Agreement is complied with; and
- As otherwise set forth in the Agreement.
Advertising and marketing is carried out as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, promoting our services, and growing our business.
Analytics and Market Analysis. Bizvestor may analyze information (“Market Analysis”) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, and promoting and growing the Bizvestor Platform.
Bizvestor uses information to offer services to Users who express an interest in these services, through a poll for example, or to Users who can be presumed to have an interest based on results from our Market Analysis. We do this as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, promoting our services, and growing our business.
Phone Numbers. Bizvestor may use your cell phone number to call or send recurring text messages to you, using an auto dialer or prerecorded voice, in order to provide you notifications about Services, for marketing purposes (with your consent where required by law), and to administer the Bizvestor Platform. You may be liable for standard SMS and per-minute charges by your mobile carrier. Bizvestor may also message you via push notifications (with your consent when required under applicable law), which you can opt-out of on your mobile device. Data rates may apply.
6. Information Sharing
Third Party Agents. We share information, including Identity Information, with entities that process information on our behalf for our business purposes. Third Party Agents assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, fraud prevention and detection, communication services, and technical support. We contractually prohibit our Third Party Agents from retaining, using, or disclosing information about you for any purposes other than performing the services for us, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
To operate the Bizvestor Platform, including processing your transactions, we may share your information with our agents, representatives, vendors and service providers (“Third Party Agents”) so they can provide us with support services as follows:
- Email origination;
- Identity checks and criminal background checks, to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- Fraud detection;
- Receipt, invoice, or support services;
- Customer relationship management services;
- Financial transaction fulfillment (in which we are currently supported by Paystack and Flutterwave, who processes your information in accordance with their own Terms & Privacy) and related chargeback and collection services; and
- To otherwise help us provide the Bizvestor Platform.
Legal Obligations. Bizvestor and our Third Party Agents and affiliates may disclose information or User Generated Content, including location data or communication data, to a third party if required or permitted to do so by law or pursuant to a court order, warrant or subpoena. Bizvestor reserves the right to disclose Personal Information from both private and public areas of the Site(s) and the Bizvestor Platform in the absence of a court order, warrant or subpoena, to the extent permitted by applicable law, if we are given reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that someone is causing injury to or interfering with the rights of Users, the general public, or Bizvestor or its partners, parents or affiliates.
It is our policy to provide notice to Users before producing their information in response to law enforcement requests unless (i) we are prohibited or otherwise constrained by law or court order from doing so, (ii) we have reason to believe the User’s account has been compromised such that the notice would go to the wrong person, or notice would otherwise be counterproductive or would create a risk to safety, or (iii) it is an emergency request and prior notice would be impractical (in which case we may provide notice after the fact).
Merger or Acquisition. Bizvestor reserves the right to share information in connect with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
Public Areas. Your profile on the Bizvestor Platform consists of information about you and your business, and may include information such as photographs, expertise, feedback/rating information, and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your User Profile may be visible to all Users and the general public.
7. Your Rights and Choices
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us and our Partners, remove your information from our database, choose to not receive future promotional communications related to the Bizvestor Platform, or cancel your account by contacting us.
Promotional Communications. You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from Bizvestor sent via email by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any message. You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from Bizvestor sent via text message at any time by following the instructions provided in those messages to text the word “STOP”. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, Bizvestor may continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, services, or Bizvestor’s ongoing business relationship with you. If you receive unsolicited email from a Bizvestor domain, please let us know.
Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operations should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals.
App and Location Technologies. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app. You can also reset your device Ad Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. If you do not want us to use your location anymore for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your device’s account settings, your mobile phone settings, and/or within the mobile application.
8. Bizvestor’s Information Retention Policy
We retain personal data for as long as you are a User in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, and for such longer period as may be in our legitimate interests and to comply with our legal obligations. We may also retain data from which you cannot directly be identified, for example where stored against a randomly-generated identifier so we know the data relates to a single User, but we cannot tell who that User is. We use this kind of data for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services, and we take appropriate measures to ensure you cannot be re-identified from this data.
9. Notification of Changes
10. Contacting Us
Bizvestor’s staff will respond to calls or email from Users with questions about privacy, including the types of Personal Information stored on the Bizvestor database, and requests to delete or rectify such Personal Information.